Phillip J. Collaer
Phillip J. Collaer | Partner
Under Federal law, specifically Title VII and Title IX, it is unlawful to discriminate against a person based on their age, race, gender, or religious beliefs.
Over the last few years, the number of Title VII claims has substantially increased. Typically, the EEOC oversees and investigates such claims.
The employment attorneys at Anderson Julian & Hull have assisted numerous clients in addressing the investigations by the EEOC.
More importantly, for those claims that move into federal court, the attorney’s at Anderson, Julian and Hull are well-versed in such litigation, including the appropriate defenses which may apply to Title VII and Title IX claims and are entirely capable of presenting the key issues and factual evidence to the Judge and the Jury.
Admitted to all courts in the state of Idaho. He is also admitted to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. Member: Idaho State Bar Association; Boise Adjusters’ Association; American Inns of Court, Inn No. 130.
- “Employee Recommendations, Tort of Negligent Hiring and Referral,” Sixth Annual Education Law Institute, 1997
- “Search and Seizure in the Public Schools,” Seventh Annual Education Law Institute, 1998
- “Individual Liability of Trustees and Administrators,” Eighth Annual Education Law Institute, 1999
- “At-Will Employment and the Rights of Classified Employees,” Ninth Annual Education Law Institute, 2000
- “How to Conduct Investigations, Including Proper Use of a ‘Garrity’ Notice,” Tenth Annual Education Law Institute, 2001
Has tried cases in state and federal courts involving personal injuries, realtor malpractice, employment disputes, discrimination claims, civil rights, police misconduct, real estate transactions, and agricultural chemical damages.
His practice has focused upon representing governmental entities, private individuals, and businesses throughout the State of Idaho in litigation involving:
- Personal Injury
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Professional Liability
- Products Liability
- Civil Rights Law
- Education Law
- Real Estate
- Governmental Entities
- Appellate Practice
- Graduated in 1979 from the University of Idaho receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Plant Sciences
- Received Juris Doctorate in 1985 from Gonzaga University