Chris H. Hansen
Chris H. Hansen | Partner
The first thing people notice about Chris Hansen is that he is easy to talk to and has a kind, reassuring and authoritative presence that puts you immediately at ease.
They also notice how he makes complex ideas simple and easy to understand.
He pays attention to details and on keeps things focused on the client’s ultimate best interest.
Mr. Hansen’s practice is primarily focused in four areas of civil litigation:
- Insurance defense – predominately personal injury claims
- Special education
- Defending drivers and companies in trucking accidents
- Commercial and business disputes
Although the four areas may appear to be diverse, all four of those areas involve representation in state and federal courts and evidentiary hearings, including but not limited to arbitration and due process hearings.
During his 30+ years practicing law, he’s been involved in a wide variety of cases (see below). As part of his practice, Mr. Hansen routinely participates in mediation.
Mr. Hansen has been recognized since 2008 by Best Lawyers in America for his work in the area of Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants.
During his 30+ year career, he has been involved in numerous trials. Chris has tried cases involving wrongful death, personal injury, commercial transactions and various automobile accidents. He’s participated in arbitrations, mediations and settlement conferences. Additionally, he’s been involved in Due Process hearings required by the IDEA, facilitated IEP Meetings and other quasi-judicial proceedings.
- “Evaluations and their Role in Litigation,” Eighth Annual Education Law Institute, 1999. (co-author)
- “A Practical Guide to Federal Court Rules and Procedures in Idaho: Ethical Considerations,” National Business Institute, 2000.( co-author)
- “Special Education” for the Twelfth Annual Education Law Institute, 2003
- “Child Labor Law” for the Twenty-second Annual Education Law Institute in 2013.
- Education Law Seminar
For the last several years, he has been periodically teaching the law portion of the Business Fundamentals class which is sponsored by SCORE (Service Corp of Retired Executives) SCORE, in conjunction with the Small Business Administration, provides classes to individuals who wish to start a new business.
The class provides training and information from lawyers, accountants, bankers, and marketing experts to new business entrepreneurs and tries to assist the prospective new business owners with sufficient information so that they understand the benefits, risks and obligations which may be involved in starting their new business venture.
Wrongful death cases, personal injury, cases involving attorney, accountant and counselor professional liability, products liability, representing various governmental entities, Special Education, ADA and Section 504 litigation, construction law and employment law. Multiple due process hearings pursuant to the IDEA.
Serves as the attorney for the Idaho School of the Deaf and the Blind.
- Member of the Idaho State Bar Association
- Idaho State Bar Litigation Section
- Washington State Bar
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Trucking Insurance Defense Association
- Insurance Defense: Auto Claims/Accidents, Homeowner Claims/Accidents, Commercial Property Claims/Accidents
- Personal Injury: Auto Accidents, Slips and Falls, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Governmental Entities: Tort Claims, Personal Injury/Wrongful Death, Property Damages Claims, Excessive Force Claims
- Employment Law: Wrongful Termination, Discrimination/EEOC/Idaho Human Rights Commission
- Education Law: Student Injuries and Claims, Teacher Administration Claims and Disputes, Board Policies, Actions and Disputes
- Special Education and 504 Law: Due Process Hearings and State Administrative Complaints
- Construction Law: Construction Defects, Change Orders and/or Cost Overruns
- Commercial Law: Contract Disputes, Contract Preparation and Review, LLCs and Other Business Formations
- Professional Malpractice: Attorney/Accountant Malpractice, Psychiatric/Counselor Malpractice
Mr. Hansen was born and raised in Boise, Idaho. He graduated from Boise State University in 1979 with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and Economics. Chris obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of Idaho in 1983.
- Idaho – state and federal Courts
- Washington state courts
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals