Brian K. Julian
Brian K. Julian | Founder
Mr. Julian has been a litigator for 35 years. For 25 of those years, he has held an AV rating which is defined as preeminent by Martindale-Hubble.
He is recognized as an authority in education law, employment law, labor law, and general litigation.
From Tribal Court to the U.S. Supreme Court, Mr. Julian has represented his clients in a variety of forums.
By sharing his experience, cases that should be tried are typically won, and cases that should be settled are settled reasonably.
With approximately 100 trials in experience, Mr. Julian has represented the largest corporations in the United States as well as individual parties in litigation.
Additionally, a significant portion of Mr. Julian’s time is devoted to advising clients on commercial transactions, employment decisions, policy creation, and alternative dispute resolution.
He considers himself a very lucky person to have enjoyed a profession for so many years with the opportunity to serve so many.
Brian Julian achieved a 90 percent win-ratio in the more than 100 cases he has served as lead counsel.
Mr. Julian, as founder and senior partner of Anderson, Julian & Hull, LLP, has vast experience in the areas of education law, employment law, insurance, personal injury, complex commercial litigation, defense of governmental entities, anti-trust, civil rights, products liability, professional liability, construction law, real estate, commercial transactions, and appeals. He has recently been trained as a court certified mediator.
Mr. Julian has lectured to numerous governmental entities and private employers regarding employment law, disability law, discrimination issues, and various other critical employment law points. He has lectured on insurance law coverage and punitive damage issues.
He is the sponsor of the annual Education Law Institute presented annually to school board attorneys, trustees, teachers and administrators.
Along with being an extremely experienced litigator, Mr. Julian is a prolific writer and is the author of The Law of Education in Idaho, The Leading Authority on Education Law, and the Idaho Uniform Manual of Policies and Procedures for Schools, Handbook for School Boards and Administrators for Use in the Formulation of Policies in Compliance with State and Federal Law.
Mr. Julian is also a sponsor of the Education Law Institute, which is presented annually to school board attorneys, trustees, teachers and administrators in Boise. As a consequence of that engagement, Mr. Julian has published a number of topics including employment law, sexual harassment, perspectives on reduction in force, school prayer, avoiding discrimination claims, and hiring process, etc.
Mr. Julian has served as lead trial counsel in over 100 cases with a 90 percent win ratio. Noteable cases (both published and unpublished) include:
- Reece v. Pocatello/Chubbuck School District, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 22688
- Beach v. J.D. Lumber, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 10690
- Potlatch Education Association v. Potlatch School District, 148 Idaho 630, 226, P3d 1277 (2010)
- Cherry v. Coregis Insurance Co., 146 Idaho 882, 204 P3d 522 (2009)
- Ackley v. Bruneau-Grandview School District, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 29867
- Hancock v. Idaho Falls School District, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 52243
- Kolar v. Cassia County, 142 Idaho 346, 127 P 2d 962 (2005)
- Rose v. Loos, 130 Fed Appx. 78 (9th Cir. 2005)
- Hayenga v. Nampa Sch. Dist., 123 Fed. Appx. 783 (9th Cir. 2004)
- Summers v. Cambridge Sch. Dist. No. 432, 139 Idaho 953, 88 P3d 772 (2004)
- Professional Malpractice: Architect/Engineer Malpractice, Attorney/Accountant Malpractice
- Insurance Defense: Auto Claims/Accidents, Homeowner Claims/Accidents, Commercial Property Claims/Accidents
- Governmental Entities: Tort Claims, Personal Injury/Wrongful Death, Property Damages Claims, Excessive Force Claims
- Employment Law: Wrongful Termination, Discrimination/EEOC/Idaho Human Rights Commission
- Education Law: Student Injuries and Claims, Teacher Administration Claims and Disputes, Special Education, Board Policies, Actions and Disputes Claims and Disputes, Special Education, Board Policies, Actions and Disputes
- Commercial Law: Contract Disputes, Contract Preparation and Review, LLCs and Other Business Formations
Cum laude from Utah State University with a Bachelor of Science degree; graduated cum laude from University of Idaho, College of Law in December, 1978.
Recipient of various scholarships and honors, including:
- Idaho Law Foundation Scholarship; Richard B. Minas Scholarship (University of Idaho Law School)
- Idaho Law Review, Managing Editor
- Utah State University Leadership Scholarship
- Rich Memorial Scholastic Scholarship
- Blue Key Honorary Fraternity Outstanding Student Award. Kappa Phi
- Sitting president of the local chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member of the Council of School Attorneys
- National School Board Association