Bret A. Walther
Bret A. Walther | Partner
Following his service in the United States Marine Corps, Mr. Walther enrolled in Boston University Law School.
After graduating in 1992, he moved to Boise, Idaho where he worked as an insurance defense/litigation attorney for Evans Keane, and later with Brady Lerma.
In 2008, he began with Anderson Julian & Hull practicing Education Law primarily.
He works extensively with various districts throughout Idaho to provide advice to superintendents and school boards with legal issues.
He also provides legal defense in the event a school district is sued.
These actions, which range from:
- Wrongful discharge
- Personal injury
- Breach of contract
- Violations of Idaho School District Law
Mr. Walther frequently noted, “if it happens in life, it happens in schools.”
Mr. Walther has experience as defense counsel in personal injury actions, wrongful discharge actions, civil rights claims, retaliation/whistleblower claims, product liability actions, breach of contract claims as well as appeals to the Idaho Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Walther volunteered as an attorney advocate representing the Guardian ad Litem in cases covered by Idaho’s CASA Program.
- “I love practicing the law because I have an opportunity to work with clients to help them to avoid circumstances which could result in suit, or increase the probability of prevailing in the event suit is filed.”
- “I find fascinating the challenge presented by analyzing and addressing a wide variety of legal issues, and correspondingly enjoy assisting my clients achieve a successful resolution to legal disputes.”
- Personal Injury: Auto Accidents, Slips and Falls, Wrongful Death
- Insurance Defense: Auto Claims/Accidents
- Employment Law: Wrongful Termination, Discrimination/EEOC/Idaho Human Rights Commission
- Education Law: Student Injuries and Claims, Teacher Administration Claims and Disputes, Board Policies, Actions and Disputes
- Commercial Law: Contract Disputes, Contract Preparation and Review, LLCs and Other Business Formations
- JD from Boston University Law School, 1992.
- Bachelor of Science degree from Cleveland State University in 1985.
Idaho State Court, Idaho Federal Court.