Anne S. Magnelli
Anne S. Magnelli | Partner
A passion for the power of words, Anne Sullivan Magnelli loves practicing law because it allows her to write for a living.
Ms. Magnelli has extensive experience in the areas of insurance defense and coverage matters. At various points in her career she has concentrated her practice in appellate and trial support work.
She has briefed and argued motions, writs, and appeals in over 60 reported cases in the areas involving:
- Personal injury
- Insurance and insurer “bad faith”
- Professional malpractice
- Exceptions to workers’ compensation immunity
- Construction defects
- Insurance coverage issues
Ms. Magnelli is admitted to practice in all Idaho state and Federal courts and is a member of the Idaho State Bar’s litigation, appellate practice, professionalism and ethics sections.
She belongs to Boise Young Professionals and Idaho Women Lawyers.
Ms. Magnelli attended the University of Miami School of Law in Coral Gables, Florida, from which her father, mother, and brother also graduated. In her spare time, she enjoys discovering areas of Idaho unfamiliar to her, learning new recipes, and organizing.
All Idaho state courts; United States District and Bankruptcy Court for the District of Idaho; Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals; all Florida state courts; United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida; Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Enock Plancher v. UCF Athletics Association, Inc.
- Jose Luis Maynoldi v. Archbishop Coleman F. Carroll High School
- Gaebe, Mullen, Antonelli & DiMatteo, Coral Gables, Florida, 2004- 2010
- Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A., Miami, Florida, 2011- 2013
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association Street Law Clinic volunteer; supporter
- Idaho Humane Society; parishioner
- Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, Boise, Idaho
- “The Law of Intervening and Concurring Cause”
- The Record (Journal of the Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section), September 2015 ed.
- Workers Compensation: Subrogation
- Professional Malpractice: Architect/Engineer Malpractice, Attorney/Accountant Malpractice,
- Psychiatric/Counselor Malpractice, Realtor Malpractice, Veterinary Malpractice
- Personal Injury: Auto Accidents, Slips and Falls, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Insurance Defense: Auto Claims/Accidents, Homeowner Claims/Accidents, Commercial Property Claims/Accidents
- Governmental Entities: Tort Claims, Personal Injury/Wrongful Death, Property Damages Claims, Excessive Force Claims
- Construction Law: Construction Defects, Change Orders and/or Cost Overruns
- Commercial Law: Contract Disputes
- Employment Laws: Wrongful Termination
- Education Law: Student Injuries and Claims
- B.A., English Literature, University of Miami, 1999
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2004
Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013