Amy G. White
Amy G. White | Partner
Ms. White, a partner of Anderson, Julian & Hull LLP, has established an extensive employment and education law practice, as well as addressing legal matters regarding:
- Personal injury litigation
- Complex commercial litigation
- Professional liability
- Civil rights
- Defense of governmental entities (law enforcement agencies, cities, and counties)
- Products liability
- Health care law
- Commercial transactions
Ms. White has also handled matters for various employers with the Idaho Human Rights Commission, the EEOC and the Office of Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education.
In the area of education law, Ms. White works directly with school district administrators and board members to provide legal guidance and representation in various areas including:
- Negotiation of master agreements
- Student discipline and expulsion
- Evaluation of policies and procedures
- Employee discipline, suspension, probation, and termination
- Due process hearings
- School funding
She is an active contributor and editor to the publication The Law of Education in Idaho, the leading authority on Education Law.
Ms. White is also a co-sponsor of the Education Law Institute, and has presented annually to School Board attorneys, trustees, teachers and administrators.
She has presented to various committees at the Idaho Legislature relative to various proposed education laws, both with regard to traditional public schools and public charter schools. She has additionally provided individual training seminars to numerous groups within the educational arena.
In the area of employment law, Ms. White works directly with employers to address:
- Business policies and practices
- Unemployment claims
- Discipline and termination
- Hiring procedures
- Some of Ms. White’s significant reported cases include:
Ferguson v. Coregis Ins. Co., 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 62327 (August 30, 2006)
- Hancock v. Idaho Falls School Dist. No. 91, 2006 U.S, Dist. LEXIS 52243 9 July 27, 2006).
- Dion v. Parma School Disrict No. 137, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 13273 (March 9, 2006).
- Martin v. School District No. 394, 393 F. Suppl 2d 1028 (July 14, 2005).
Rose v. Loos, 130 Fed. Appx. 78, U.S. Supreme Court certiorari denied, 162 L. Ed. 2d 281, 125 S.Ct 2551 (U.S., June 6. 2005).
Ms. White is admitted to all state courts in the State of Idaho as well as the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit; the United States District Court for the District of Idaho; and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. Ms. White is a member of the Idaho State Bar; the American Bar Association; the Federal Bar Association, Idaho Chapter; the Idaho Association of Defense Counsel; Phi Delta Phi; American Inns of Court No. 130; and the Defense Research Institute.
- Present yearly at the Annual Law Institute sponsored by the firm
- Private sessions with employers and governmental entities
- Idaho School Boards Association Annual Convention
- Idaho Association of School Administrators, Project Leadership
- Idaho Association of School Business Officials
Topics of such presentations:
Hiring Pitfalls, Sexual Harassment, Personnel Laws and Policies, Open Meetings Laws, Ethics, Discrimination, ADA and the Interactive Process, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA); Social Media in the school setting; LGBT rights in the school setting; Coaching and Coaches Ethics; Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Negotiations; Supervisory Obligations; Search and Seizure in the school setting; Custody in the school setting; Children’s Internet Protection Act; Student Discipline; Statutory Reporting Obligations; Confidentiality Laws.
- Ms. White is an active contributor and editor to the publication The Law of Education in Idaho, the leading authority on Education Law.
- Ms. White is also a co-sponsor of the Education Law Institute, presented annually to School Board attorneys, trustees, teachers and administrators.
- Ms. White has presented to various committees at the Idaho Legislature relative to various proposed education laws, both with regard to traditional public schools and public charter schools.
- She has additionally provided individual training seminars to numerous groups within the educational arena.
Upon coming to Idaho, Ms. White first obtained employment with Honorable Gerald F. Schroeder. She served as his clerk at the time he was appointed to the Idaho Supreme Court. Ms. White also served a period of clerkship with the Honorable Thomas F. Neville. Upon completion of her clerkship activities, she entered into private practice.
Ms. Whites experience covers all levels from reaching a Negotiated Agreement or Collective Bargaining Agreement to Mediation, Fact Finding and the declaration of Impasse. Recent contract negotiations have included:
- West Ada School District
- Nampa School District
- Middleton School District
- Twin Falls School District
- Emmett School District
- Moscow School District
- Mountain Home School District
- Shoshone School District
- Marsing School District
- Melba School District
- Notus School District
- Wilder School District
- Bruneau Grandview School District
In addition to litigation and counseling activities for clients, Ms. White actively writes for The Law of Education in Idaho, a treatise thoroughly addressing all aspects of education and the law, and the Idaho Uniform Manual of Policies and Procedures for Schools, a multi-volume handbook for school boards and administrators for use in the formulation of policies and procedures in compliance with Idaho and federal laws. In addition, Ms. White has had multiple contributions to the Education Law Institute and for the National Business Institute, preparing lecture topics on an annual basis:
- “Sexual Harassment Claims,” Seventh Annual Education Law Institute, 1997.
- “The Handling and Documentation of Employment Investigations,” Eighth Annual Education Law Institute, 1998.
- Sexual Harassment,” Ninth Annual Education Law Institute, 2000.
- “Avoiding Discrimination in the Hiring Process,” Tenth Annual Education Law Institute, 2001.
- “The Investigation and documentation of Sexual Harassment Allegations,” NBI 2001.
- “New Legislation and Current Issues of the Department of Education” – Eleventh Annual Education Law Institute, 2002.
- “Selected School Litigation – Local and National Perspective Litigation Cases and Trends” – Eleventh Annual Education Law Institute, 2002.
- “Current Case Law Decisions” – Twelfth Annual Education Law Institute, 2003.
- “Current Case Law Decisions” – Thirteenth Annual Education Law Institute, 2004.
- “Current Case Law Decisions” – Fourteenth Annual Education Law Institute, 2004.
- “Current Case Law Decisions” – Fifteenth Annual Education Law Institute, 2005.
- “Current Case Law Decisions” – Fifteenth Annual Education Law Institute, 2006.
- “Employment Law” – Fifteenth Annual Education Law Institute, 2006.
- “Roles and Responsibilities of Board Members and School Administrators” – presented multiple times at multiple events, 2006.
- Routinely contributing to various publications
- Law of Education in Idaho
- Idaho Association of School Administrators
- Idaho School Boards Association
- Education Law
- Employment Law
- Governmental Entity Defense
- Civil Rights Defense
- Student issues in the school setting
- Policy development
- Review and Analysis
- Charter Documentation for Charter Schools
- She graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Administration of Justice from the Pennsylvania State University in 1989.
- She completed graduate course work in the fields of Criminology and Public Administration.
- She obtained her Juris Doctor degree from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in 1992.
- She was awarded Dean’s Honor Roll (1991-1992).
Member, Owens, California Forms and Procedures Journal (1989-1990).
- She was selected as Comments Editor by her fellow journal members.